- Tree's combat climate change: Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.
- Tree's clean the air: Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases (nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulfur dioxide and ozone) and filter particulates out of the air by trapping them on their leaves and bark.
- Tree's beautify your property: They are not only beautiful to have in your yard, but they are also wonderful shade providers on a hot summer day.
- Tree's save water: Shade from tree's slow water evaporation from thirsty lawns.
- Mental Health: There is something powerful about trees that can change your mood when you are down. So take a walk and reap the benefits of the tree's.
- Provides privacy: Tree's are a great way to keep those peepin tom's from seeing in while you eat your dinner.
- Reduces your carbon foot print.
- Tree's mark the seasons: Pretty cool I think. You know when it's winter, spring and summer.
- Home for the birds: Enough said!
- Why not?: Tree's are the way of life and we need them. So plant now!
Monday, March 9, 2015
Tree Planting San Jose
Plant a tree and reap the benefits.
Top ten reasons!